This page is under construction and as such requires a major cleanup.
Who Framed Roger Rabbit is a 1988 comedy-fantasy film, produced by Touchstone Pictures. Directed by Robert Zemeckis, it is a loose adaptation of Who Censored Roger Rabbit? by Gary K. Wolf. This film marks the last time Mel Blanc provided the voices of all the Looney Tunes characters in the film as he died a year later. In addition, this is the only film so far in which Warner Brothers and Disney Studios use their characters in one film. This team-up is not likely to happen again.
Cameos / References
- Mickey Mouse (Wayne Allwine) and Bugs Bunny (Mel Blanc) make a cameo in the Toontown scene in which they heckle Eddie (Bob Hoskins).
- In 1 scene, Eddie sneaks up on cartoon producer R.K. Maroon (Alan Tilvern), taps him on the shoulder, and says, "What's up, Doc?," an obvious reference to Bugs.
- The film ends with Porky Pig saying, "Th- th-- th-- that's all, folks!," a nod to the 1930s Looney Tunes cartoons.
- In 1 scene, Yosemite Sam (Joe Alaskey) is blasted out of Toontown with his butt on fire. Yelping, he finally extinguishes his butt by sitting down in a puddle of water
- Daffy (Mel Blanc) and Donald Duck (Tony Anselmo) make a cameo having a piano duel.
- At the beginning of the film when Eddie is walking around Hollywood, Bugs can be seen in the background.
- Bugs, Sylvester, Daffy, Porky, Road Runner, Sam, Foghorn Leghorn, Wile E. Coyote, Tweety Bird and Marvin the Martian all make cameos at the end of the film.
- In Toontown, when Eddie rides up the elevator with Droopy, Wile E. Coyote and The Road Runner are seen behind the elevator doors as the elevator goes up.
- Tweety (Mel Blanc) makes a cameo in the Toontown scene, playing "widdle piddies" with Eddie's fingers, which are holding precariously onto a flagpole (this is an obvious reference to the Merrie Melodies cartoon A Tale of Two Kitties).
- There are a few scenes when The Merry-Go-Round Broke Down (the main theme to the '60's DFE Looney Tunes) is preformed. Roger sings to the tune of the song wile entertaining people at the bar and later Eddie sings to the tune of the song trying to get the weasels to "laugh themselves to death."
- Tiny Toon Adventures - Roger, like Steven Spielberg himself, makes several cameos in the series, and is even impersonated by Babs Bunny