Warner Bros. Animation is a recent incarnation of the animation studio that produced the classic Looney Tunes. Founded in 1980, it creates cartoons mainly for television, and their work not only includes new shows for the Looney Tunes characters (Duck Dodgers, The Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries) but also animation featuring the DC Comics characters and Hanna-Barbera properties (since both companies were bought by Warner's; the latter through Turner Entertainment).
Prior to the establishment of Warner Bros. Animation, animated shows by Warner Bros. were distributed instead by WB's own television distribution company Warner Bros. Television.
For years the opening logo for the company since 1993 was a modern-design Bugs Bunny in a suit and tie, munching on a carrot and leaning on the Warner Bros. shield with one hand, with a sky blue background. This logo was also used for feature films coming from Warner Bros. Family Entertainment.
Initially closing variants of the logo for animated TV shows use the company's name (Warner Bros. Animation) from 1980-1992. From 1993-2003 the company's name temporary changed to Warner Bros. Television Animation before finally reverting back to Warner Bros. Animation since late-2003.
In November 2008, Warners created a new opening logo to debut with Batman: The Brave and the Bold. The new logo features a much more early-1940s style Bugs, again eating a carrot but this time without the suit and tie, leaning on the shield with his back, with a red background and the "Presents" at the bottom of the shield. The closing variant has the normal Warner Bros. Animation logo with the "A Time Warner Company" byline at the bottom of the shield over a red background. As of 2011, this opening logo is rarely seen on the company's animated TV shows. These logos were retired in 2015.
In 2015, a new logo was introduced, using a stylized version of the red WB shield as seen in Looney Tunes CGI-animated theatrical shorts with the "Animation" text at the bottom of the shield.
Its new theatrical counterpart is Warner Animation Group.
- Teen Titans Go! (since 2013)
- The Tom and Jerry Show (2014 TV series) (since 2014)
- Mike Tyson Mysteries (since 2014)
- New Looney Tunes/Wabbit: A Looney Tunes Prod. (since 2015)
- Bunnicula (since 2016)
- Justice League Action (since 2016)
- Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz (since 2017)
- Wacky Races (2017 TV series) (since 2017)
- Unikitty (2018)
- [[wikipedia: Green Eggs and Ham (TV Series)]|Green Eggs and Ham]] (2018)
- DC Super Hero Girls (2018)
- Animaniacs reboot (TBA)
Former Looney Tunes Programming
- Tiny Toon Adventures and The Plucky Duck Show (1990-1995)
- Animaniacs (1993-1998)
- Pinky and the Brain and Pinky, Elmyra, & The Brain (1995-1999)
- Taz-Mania (1991-1995)
- The Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries (1995-2000)
- Duck Dodgers (2003-2005)
- Baby Looney Tunes (2002-2005)
- Loonatics Unleashed (2005-2007)
- The Looney Tunes Show (2011-2014)
Direct-to-video releases of Looney Tunes content
- Tiny Toon Adventures: How I Spent My Vacation (1992)
- Steven Spielberg Presents Animaniacs: Wakko's Wish (1999)
- Tweety's High-Flying Adventure (2000)
- Baby Looney Tunes' Eggs-traodinary Adventure (2003)
- Bah, Humduck! A Looney Tunes Christmas (2006)
- Looney Tunes: Rabbits Run (2015)