|The Wise Quacking Duck|
The Wise Quacking Duck is a 1943 animated short film directed by Bob Clampett and produced by Leon Schlesinger. The story is credited to Warren Foster and the animation to Phil Monroe. Other uncredited animators include Virgil Ross, Art Babbitt, Rod Scribner, Bob McKimson, and Sid Sutherland.
A mild-mannered man is sent by his wife to go out and kill a duck for dinner. He ends up picking Daffy as his victim. The two face off and do battle for the remainder of the cartoon, only for Daffy to end up losing to Mr. Meek with him blowing his feathers off and cooking him in the oven. Just before the cartoon ends, as Mr. Meek hears Daffy screams in the oven he fells guilty and opens the oven door. The cartoon ends with Daffy bathing himself in gravy ("Say. Now you're cooking with gas.").
- VHS - Cartoon Moviestars: Just Plain Daffy
- Laserdisc - The Golden Age of Looney Tunes, Vol. 2, Side 8: The Art of Daffy
- DVD - Looney Tunes Golden Collection: Volume 5, Disc 3
- Blu-Ray, DVD - Looney Tunes Platinum Collection: Volume 2, Disc 1
- Some TV versions that aired on local affiliate stations in the United States shorten the part where Daffy (as a fortuneteller) hits Mr. Meek on the head with a mallet so he can read the bumps on his head, similar to ABC's censorship on a similar scene from Bowery Bugs.
- Cartoon Network's Arabia channel cuts the entire part where Daffy stripteases to distract Mr. Meek (since this scene is considered inappropriate in Arabic countries which uses Islam as its main religion).
- Only color WB cartoon to use the black and white prints of WARNER BROS. and Present click video below. Also the only color Looney Tune in 1943 under copyright.
- The man from this short known as Mr. Meek, would later appear in the 1991 Looney Tunes TV special Bugs Bunny's Overtures to Disaster in the audience, alongside the starving castaways from Wackiki Wabbit, Granny, and Yosemite Sam.
- Mr. Meek would later appear in The Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries episode "California's Crusty Bronze" as a health inspector.