Stamped on January 2017. This article or section needs additional citations for verification. Please add RELIABLE citations to help verify the article's content. Do not use Wikipedia or other wikis as a source.
The Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries, produced by Warner Bros. Animation, is an animated television series which aired from 1995 to 2000 on Kids' WB!, and was later re-run on Cartoon Network. The first season was dedicated to the memory of Friz Freleng who had died three months before the series premiere.
The series returned to television in reruns on Boomerang starting July 13th, 2015. However, it was only shown for a week for the Pet of the Week promotion, so it is unknown if or when the show will return again.
The show follows Looney Tunes characters Sylvester and Tweety Bird, and their owner Granny, along with bulldog Hector, as they solve mysteries, despite Sylvester still trying to eat Tweety in the middle of their sleuthing. Hector appeared in several classic cartoons alongside Tweety, Sylvester and Granny but in this series he was given a new design similar to that of Marc Anthony. Hector acts as a bodyguard for Tweety, sometimes beating Sylvester up (usually out of shot, but sometimes behind a blind).
Other Looney Tunes characters make cameo appearances, including Daffy Duck, Yosemite Sam, Elmer Fudd, Tasmanian Devil, Pepe Le Pew, Beaky Buzzard, Babbit and Catstello, Hubie and Bertie, Witch Hazel, Michigan J. Frog, Rocky and Mugsy, Marvin the Martian, Hippety Hopper, Gossamer, Count Bloodcount, Cecil Turtle, Nasty Canasta, The Crusher, Pete Puma, Goofy Gophers, and latter-day Warners cartoon star Cool Cat (who also appears in some form in every episode) and Colonel Rimfire.
- Main article: The Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries Episodes
Fifty-two episodes were produced over the show's five seasons. The first season's thirteen episodes each comprised one story, but in subsequent seasons two stories were presented in each episode.
- Joe Alaskey – Sylvester, Tweety, Daffy Duck, Beaky Buzzard, Charlie Dog, Mugsy, Cool Cat, Marvin the Martian, Michigan J. Frog
- June Foray – Granny, Witch Hazel
- Frank Welker – Tweety (chirping noises), Hector the Bulldog, Catstello
- Jim Cummings - Rocky, Tasmanian Devil, Yosemite Sam, Gossamer, Hubie, Nasty Canasta
- Stan Freberg - Pete Puma
- Jeff Bennett - Bertie, Detective Nohans
- Greg Burson - Elmer Fudd, Pepé Le Pew
- Tress MacNeille - Mama Buzzard, Gertrude
- Corey Burton - Babbit
On September 9, 2008, Warner Home Video released The Complete First Season of The Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries on DVD in Region 1. This release came exactly thirteen years after the premiere of the show.
The series was nominated multiple times for a Daytime Emmy Award in the category Special Class Animated Program. The series won an Annie Award in the category of voice acting for June Foray in the role of Granny.
- After cancellation, the final "orphaned" episode, consisting of "The Tail End?" and "This Is the End", did not air on The WB, instead premiering two years later on Cartoon Network.
- ↑ http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCSGrid.do?fromTimeInMillis=1436587200000&stnNum=21883&channel=370&sgt=grid&aid=tvschedule
- ↑ Erickson, Hal, Television Cartoon Shows: The shows, M-Z, McFarland & Company, 2005