This page is under construction. Please help us work on it.
The Simpsons is a TV series that occasionally parodies Looney Tunes.
Looney Tunes Parodies
- Homer Alone - In a parody of the Road Runner cartoons, Bart and Homer freeze frame with Latin names.
- Lisa's First Word - When toddler Bart hears Lisa say her first word, he exclaims "Sufferin' succotash!", Sylvester's catchphrase.
- Bart's Inner Child - The scene where Homer dumps the trampoline of a cliff is a parody of the Road Runner cartoons.
- The Springfield Files - Marvin The Martian appears in an alien line-up.
- The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show - June Bellamy, the voice of Itchy and Scratchy, claims to Homer that she did the voice of the Road Runner, but the studio had her record only one "meep" and they doubled it during the sound tests.
- Lisa's Sax - Michigan J. Frog appears as the mascot of the Warner Bros. Network. (the real network is The WB) A modified version of the WB shield logo appears behind Michigan during his number.
- Brother's Little Helper - Chief Wiggum says to Bart "That's the end of your Looney Tune, Drugs Bunny!", a reference to Bugs Bunny.
- The Old Man and the Key - One of Los Souvenir Chaquitos wears a Taz jacket.
- There's Something About Marrying - After Bart and Milhouse fail to drop a watermelon on top of Barney Gumble, Barney says to the boys "Now as the Road Runner said to the Coyote...," he then jumps in the air like the Road Runner and cries out "Meep, meep!" before zooming off with a ricochet sound effect.
- The Last of the Red Hat Mamas - There is an Easter Bunny named Hugs Bunny, a parody of Bugs Bunny. Later Homer mentions the Road Runner when he learns that there really is a bird with that name.
- G.I. (Annoyed Grunt) - There is a cartoon that parodies Looney Tunes.
- Smoke on the Daughter - On the couch gag, Wile E. Coyote appears to paint a fake couch on the living room wall. After Wile E. sneaks off the Simpsons run into the couch and get hurt as Maggie zooms in and says the Road Runner's catchphrase "Meep, meep!"
- "Apocalypse Cow - There is a chicken named Leghorn which could be a reference to Foghorn Leghorn.
- Homer the Father - The Itchy and Scratchy cartoon "Ain't I a Stinger?" puns Bugs Bunny's phrase "Ain't I a Stinker?"
- The Scorpion's Tale - A real life coyote appears chasing a real life roadrunner in a parody of the Road Runner cartoons. They both get ran over.
- Treehouse of Horror IV - In the episode segment "The Devil and Homer Simpson," Homer Simpson spends a day in Hell. In the "Ironic Punishment Department," a demon has Homer strapped in the Feed-A-Matic chair from Pigs Is Pigs, forcing him to eat "all the doughnuts in the world!"
- Treehouse of Horror XXII - Ned Flanders killing Patty and Selma with a giant rock is a parody of the Road Runner cartoons. Flanders then runs off with a "Meep-meep!".
- Love Is a Many - Splintered Thing - Marvin the Martian appears in the fighting video game.
- Luca$ - A real life coyote again chases a real life roadrunner in a parody of the Road Runner cartoons. The coyote gets smashed by a boulder and the roadrunner gets shot and killed by a hunter.
- The Yellow Badge of Cowardge - Edwin Moses falls off a cliff in a parody of the Road Runner cartoons.
- The Bonfire of the Manatees - During a recording session for a pornographic film, Carl Carlson (who is starring in the picture) talks to the director, stating he has a tattoo of Foghorn Leghorn on his right thigh. He is worried about copyright and trademark issues with the tattoo because of this.
Other Looney Parodies
- Tiny Toon Adventures: How I Spent My Vacation - Elmyra Duff gives a lion a Bart Simpson-type haircut.
- It's All Relatives - Babs Bunny does impressions of Marge, Bart and Maggie.
- Toon TV - Babs mentions Bart in the music video Toon Out, Toon In.
- Weekday Afternoon Live - Blard Simpleton is a parody of Bart Simpson.
- Hooray For North Hollywood Part 1- Bart Simpson makes a cameo appearance when Dot Warner mentions The Simpsons. Only Bart's hair was seen to avoid a copyright claim.