This article/section is a stub. You can help Looney Tunes Wiki by expanding it.
|The Shanty Where Santy Claus Lives|
In a Great Depression Christmas setting, Santa Claus is seeking shelter. The short takes place at a shantytown, hence the name "The Shanty Where Santy Claus Lives".
- Laserdisc - The Golden Age of Looney Tunes, Vol. 3, Side 1: Harman-Ising
- Cartoon Network's airing of this cartoon on Late Night Black & White severely shortened the second half of this cartoon due to the removal of three gags:
- The boy starting a wind-up toy "Sambo Jazz Band."
- A baby doll falling into a bucket of coal and emerging in blackface to say, "Mammy!" to which a nearby Mammy dolls responds,"Sonny boy!"
- The doll from "Red-Headed Baby" and two black dolls singing a chorus of the title song.
This is the last Harman-Ising short in the public domain. Every short from 1933-35 until Hollywood Capers is under copyright.