|Tease for Two|
Tease for Two is a "Looney Tunes" cartoon animated short starring Daffy Duck and the Goofy Gophers. Released August 28, 1965, the cartoon is directed by Robert McKimson. The voices were performed by Mel Blanc. The cartoon marked the final theatrical appearance of the Goofy Gophers during the original Golden Age of Animation era. Unlike previous Goofy Gophers cartoons where Stan Freberg voices Tosh, here Blanc voices both Mac and Tosh.
The title is a play on the phrase "tea for two."
The map of fortune hunter Daffy Duck indicates that gold is located at precisely the spot where the Goofy Gophers live. When Mac and Tosh refuse to leave and defend their home, Daffy decides that violent means are needed to remove what he considers pests. The Gophers fight back by giving Daffy first explosives, then ordinary rocks painted like gold.
- Mel Blanc, who supplied Daffy's grunting, supplied Charlie Brown's grunting in You're the Greatest, Charlie Brown. The same grunt was also heard in Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown by Linus. The grunting was originally archive sound from Hare Remover, when Elmer tries to feed the dog the transformation potion.
- This would be the final three cartoons where Daffy was not paired with Speedy Gonzales. The previous two cartoons were Suppressed Duck and Corn on the Cop.
- When the Warner Bros. Cartoons studio closed down, Daffy permanently became an antagonist to Speedy Gonzales. This is the only cartoon where Daffy antagonizes the Goofy Gophers.
- Unlike previous cartoons, the Goofy Gophers do not have tan bellies.
- Friedwald, Will and Jerry Beck. "The Warner Brothers Cartoons." Scarecrow Press Inc., Metuchen, N.J., 1981. ISBN 0-8108-1396-3.
Corn on the Cop
|Daffy Duck cartoons|
| Succeeded by|