Taz-Mania follows the adventures of the classic Looney Tunes character Taz the Tasmanian Devil as a teenager living in the fictional land of Tazmania (based on the Australian island and province of Tasmania). Unlike similar cartoons of its time, it frequently broke the fourth wall, and often made jokes involving the fact that Taz could actually speak perfectly normally when he wanted to.
In the show, he is a young slacker who is living with his family, working as a bell-hop at a local hotel, and having adventures with his friends.
The show had two intros. Because the first had a notable use of strobe effects, a toned-down intro was created later due to concerns over affecting epileptic viewers and those sensitive to strobe-light effects.
A total of 65 episodes were produced, most having two separate story segments. See the List of Taz-Mania episodes.
- Jim Cummings - Taz, Bushwhacker Bob, Wendal T. Wolf, Buddy Boar
- Rob Paulsen - Timothy Platypus, Axl Gator, Francis X. Bushlad, Digeri Dingo, Marvin The Martian
- Maurice LaMarche - Hugh, Daniel Platypus, Willie Wombat
- Miriam Flynn - Jean
- Kellie Martin - Molly
- Debi Derryberry - Jake
- Dan Castellaneta - Mr. Thickley
- John Astin - Bull Gator
- Rosalyn Landor - Constance Koala, Mum
- Phil Proctor - Chief Bushrat