Sylvester James Pussycat, Jr., often shortened to "Sylvester Junior" or simply "Junior," is an animated cartoon character. He is the son of Sylvester the Cat. Physically, Junior is basically a miniature version of his father, having a large head in proportion to a small body. Junior has been noted saying that he is 31/2 years old. He debuted in the cartoon Pop 'Im Pop!, directed by Robert McKimson. Joe Alaskey (after Mel Blanc's death) voiced both father and son. Junior possesses a degree of respect for his father, although often, when Sylvester does something embarrassing or humiliating, Junior often displays shamed and/or embarrassment of his father's behavior (sometimes donning a paper bag over his head). Often, Sylvester and Junior's shorts would feature Sylvester trying to capture Hippety Hopper, a baby kangaroo, to prove a point to his son. Each attempt at capture, of course, failed miserably, owing to Sylvester's invariably mistaking the kangaroo for a "giant mouse," and as such being taken completely by surprise by the kangaroo's athletic prowess, with Sylvester losing every fight, often in spectacularly humiliating fashion. Tweet Dreams was the so-far only pairing of Junior and Tweety in the Looney Tunes shorts, it was not a direct one; Junior basically served as a flashback image. After the original Looney Tunes shorts, Junior would show up sporadically in later years. In The Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries, Sylvester has a flashback to his childhood in A Mynah Problem; in the flashback sequence, as with Tweet Dreams, Sylvester resembles his son physically.
- "Thath what maketh me proud of my Pop; wherever he goes, he always leaves a good impression."
- "Oh, the shame of it. Carrying my father home again, thtiff as a board."
- "Oh, Father, now you can be my daddy and my mummy, too!"
- "What a father!"
- "I wonder if anyone would be interethted in adopting a fatherleth, little kitten?"
- "If ya can't beat 'em, ya might as well join' em!"
- Pop 'Im Pop! (1950)
- Who's Kitten Who?
- Cats A-Weigh
- Too Hop To Handle
- The Slap-Hoppy Mouse
- Mouse-Taken Identity
- Cat's Paw (no Hippety Hopper)
- Goldimouse & The 3 Cats (no Hippety Hopper, directed by Friz Freleng)
- Birds Of A Father (no Hippety Hopper)
- Fish & Slips (no Hippety Hopper)
- Claws In The Lease(no Hippety Hopper)
- Freudy Cat
- The Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries episode A Mynah Problem
- Space Jam (1996)
- Stranger Than Fiction (appears in 1 of the Mysterious Phenomenon Of The Unexplained shorts)
- Main article: Sylvester Junior/Gallery