Sylvester James Pussycat, Jr., often shortened to "Sylvester Junior" or simply "Junior," is an animated cartoon character. He is the son of Sylvester The Cat. Physically, Junior is basically a miniature version of his father, having a large head in proportion to a small body. Junior has been noted saying that he is 31/2 years old. He debuted in the cartoon Pop 'Im Pop!, directed by Robert McKimson. Joe Alaskey (after Mel Blanc's death) voiced both father and son. Junior possesses a degree of respect for his father, although often, when Sylvester does something embarrassing or humiliating, Junior often displays shamed and/or embarrassment of his father's behavior (sometimes donning a paper bag over his head). Often, Sylvester and Junior's shorts would feature Sylvester trying to capture Hippety Hopper, a baby kangaroo, to prove a point to his son. Each attempt at capture, of course, failed miserably, owing to Sylvester's invariably mistaking the kangaroo for a "giant mouse," and as such being taken completely by surprise by the kangaroo's athletic prowess, with Sylvester losing every fight, often in spectacularly humiliating fashion. Tweet Dreams was the only pairing of Junior and Tweety in the Looney Tunes shorts, it was not a direct one; Junior basically served as a flashback image. After the original Looney Tunes shorts, Junior would show up sporadically in later years. In the 1990s animated series The Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries, Sylvester has a flashback to his childhood in the episode A Mynah Problem; in the flashback sequence, as with Tweet Dreams, Sylvester resembles his son physically.
- "Thath what maketh me proud of my Pop; wherever he goes, he always leaves a good impression."
- "Oh, the shame of it. Carrying my father home again, thtiff as a board."
- "Oh, Father, now you can be my daddy and my mummy, too!"
- "What a father!"
- "I wonder if anyone would be interethted in adopting a fatherleth, little kitten?"
- Pop 'Im Pop! (1949)
- Who's Kitten Who?
- Cats A-Weigh
- Too Hop To Handle
- The Slap-Hoppy Mouse
- Mouse-Taken Identity
- Cat's Paw (no Hippety Hopper)
- Goldimouse & The 3 Cats (no Hippety Hopper, directed by Friz Freleng)
- Birds Of A Father (no Hippety Hopper)
- Fish & Slips (no Hippety Hopper)
- Claws In The Lease(no Hippety Hopper)
- Freudy Cat
- The Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries episode A Mynah Problem
- Space Jam (1996)
- Stranger Than Fiction (appears in 1 of the Mysterious Phenomenon Of The Unexplained shorts)
- Main article: Sylvester Junior/Gallery