|Directed by:|| Ethan Spaulding |
Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone
|Written by:||Mark Banker|
|Date aired:|| November 2, 2013 (Australia) |
November 3, 2013 (Canada)
February 7th, 2014 (CEE)
August 31st, 2014 (United States)
|Previous episode:||Best Friends Redux|
SuperRabbit is the 52nd episode and series finale of The Looney Tunes Show. This episode aired in Canada on November 3rd, 2013, and was leaked and found online on November 2nd, 2013, from an Australian recording recorded from the channel GO! The episode finally debuted in the United States on August 31st, 2014.
Daffy Duck needs to sell some stuff to buy Tina a birthday gift. He decides to sell a carrot jewel that once belonged to Bugs. Daffy asks Bugs why he wants to keep it. Bugs tells Daffy that he's not an Earthling nor is his name really Bugs, it is Kalel and that he's from the planet Crypton (with a C not a K). He also tells him he's really Super Rabbit, former hero of Metropolis.
In the flashback, Bugs explains that he used to be a superhero and that he fought supervillains from near and far. Super Rabbit enjoys his life as a superhero; the praises, the parades, the celebrations, and the attention. One day, Super Rabbit battles a villain named "Braniac" and foils his plan to shrink Metropolis and turn it into a tiny town. The next night, Super Rabbit is attending a party the citizens are throwing for him, when Lex Luthor interrupts and wrecks havoc. Super Rabbit removes his robotic suit and swings it out into outer space, which proves to be a big mistake.
Many years ago on Crypton, Super Rabbit's father banished an evil villain known as General Zod and his evil minions, Faora and Thunkian from the planet for endangering the enitre planet. Zod vows to destroy Super Rabbit and rule the universe. Thanks to Super Rabbit's carelessness, the villains are freed from their evil prison and are given superpowers and go down to Metropolis to get rid of Super Rabbit.
On Earth, the citizens are throwing Super Rabbit a parade and Zod and his minions arrive and easily defeat Super Rabbit. Super Rabbit surrenders to Zod and Zod takes over Metropolis and puts Super Rabbit to shame. Depressed, Super Rabbit goes to see his father in the Arctic for advice. Gerel tells Bugs that he desereved to lose because he has become a show off, an ego maniac, and villains came to Metropolis because of him. Super Rabbit realizes what he has done and now he must find a way to stop Zod by getting rid of Faora and the robot by using his brain.
Super Rabbit dresses up as a reporter, but Zod and Faora are not fooled by the disguise. Faora tries to kill Super Rabbit, but he convinces Faora to leave Zod and he does the same for Thunkian. Now, Zod is on his own and battles Super Rabbit on his own and is defeated. Zod, Faora, and Thunkian are placed in a new prison and are once again banished from Earth. Klalel also quits being a superhero because he has learned that power corrupts unless it's tampered by humblity.
Daffy ends up taking Bugs' stuff anyway because he did not like the story. The scene then skips to Daffy and Tina leaving dinner and going into a dark alley way where they bump into a robber. Suddenly a figure in the background grabs the robber and beats him up. Daffy questions who helped them out and Bugs, dressed as Bat Rabbit, appears wondering why he didn't get a 'thank you'. When Daffy explains why he was not thanked and walks away angerily with Tina, Bugs turns to the camera and tells the audience "Ain't I a stinker?" in a Batman-like voice, ending the episode.
- Bugs Bunny as SuperRabbit/BatRabbit
- Elmer Fudd as Lex Luthor
- Daffy Duck as Zod
- Marvin the Martian as Brainiac
- Tina Russo (non-speaking cameo)
- This episode may be based on the old Super-Rabbit short and takes aim at popular DC Comics characters, preferably the Superman series.
- Even though Best Friends Redux is the intended series finale in production order, SuperRabbit was the finale in airing order.
- This is the first ever The Looney Tunes Show episode to air in other countries before the United States, and, because the episode is the series finale, is the only episode to air in another country before the US.
- Bugs says his trademark catchphrase dressed as Bat-Rabbit: "Ain't I a Stinka?". Along with that, he says another one of his signature catchphrases: "What a maroon!."
- Like Bugs, Elmer Fudd (who makes a minor appearance), while zapping citizens says his trademark catchphrase, with a little change: "Be vewy, vewy quiet, I'm hunting SuperRabbit!" (in place of "wabbits").
- Several TV guides (including Zap2It and LocateTV) listed a United States airing on May 13th, 2014 on Boomerang. However, the episode was replaced with an airing of Best Friends Redux.
- This is, so far, the last appearance of Tina.