Granny and Tweety go to the beach. While Granny decides to change into her new "bikini bathing suit" (which later turns out to be a one-piece Victorian-style bathing suit), Sylvester who happens to be nearby, who is frustrated with his lack of hunting fish, sees Tweety and decides to have him as his next meal.
After a high tide hits in, Tweety's cage gets stranded by the sea and Sylvester's attempts to eat the bird turn out to be mistaken as his "heroic" attempts to save Tweety by the bird himself and later Granny. Not knowing Sylvester's actual intentions, Granny helps Sylvester to save Tweety with the aid of a diving suit and oxygen tank, which leads the cat to receive all the bad luck (suffocating the cat, shark attack, then overly inflating the diving suit, and later landing the cat in the dog pound) when she joyously runs to reunite with her beloved canary, who has been rowing his cage ashore himself due to him being fed up of waiting to be rescued. Granny appreciates the cat's rescue efforts; she tells the bird, "He certainly deserves a just reward!"
- Stars of Space Jam: Sylvester and Tweety
- Special Bumper Collection (Vol. 6)
- Sandy Claws marks the final time Bea Benaderet would voice Granny; hereafter, Granny would be voiced by June Foray. In addition, after the release of this short, Granny would be overhauled. Her appearance and dress would be updated (starting with "Red Riding Hoodwinked"), and while her cheerful demeanor would be retained (with a few exceptions), her old-fashioned characteristics and mannerisms would be de-emphasized.
- It is evident in this cartoon that Granny is unable to relate to the present fads; such as her telling Tweety she's about to try on a new "bikini bathing suit", which turns out to be a one-piece late-19th century/early 20th century Victorian style bathing suit.
- Only Tweety cartoon written by Arthur Davis.
|1942||A Tale of Two Kitties|
|1944||Birdy and the Beast|
|1945||A Gruesome Twosome|
|1948||I Taw a Putty Tat|
|1949||Bad Ol' Putty Tat|
|1950||Home Tweet Home • All a Bir-r-r-rd • Canary Row|
|1951||Putty Tat Trouble • Room and Bird • Tweety's S.O.S. • Tweet Tweet Tweety|
|1952||Gift Wrapped • Ain't She Tweet • A Bird in a Guilty Cage|
|1953||Snow Business • Fowl Weather • Tom Tom Tomcat • A Street Cat Named Sylvester • Catty Cornered|
|1954||Dog Pounded • Muzzle Tough • Satan's Waitin'|
|1955||Sandy Claws • Tweety's Circus • Red Riding Hoodwinked • Heir-Conditioned|
|1956||Tweet and Sour • Tree Cornered Tweety • Tugboat Granny|
|1957||Tweet Zoo • Tweety and the Beanstalk • Birds Anonymous • Greedy For Tweety|
|1958||A Pizza Tweety Pie • A Bird in a Bonnet|
|1959||Trick or Tweet • Tweet and Lovely • Tweet Dreams|
|1960||Hyde and Go Tweet • Trip For Tat|
|1961||The Rebel Without Claws • The Last Hungry Cat|
|1962||The Jet Cage|
|1964||Hawaiian Aye Aye|
|2011||I Tawt I Taw A Putty Tat|