The Road Runner Rollercoaster is a Vekoma Junior Coaster which opened on 26 December 2000 at Warner Bros. Movie World on the Gold Coast, Australia. The 335m ride features an incline of 13m and reaches a top speed of 45.9km. The ride has a height restriction of 100cm. This ride is themed after Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner.
The Road Runner Rollercoaster opened on 26 December 2000. The ride's opening forced the relocation of the Looney Tunes Musical Revue to a location in Main Street near the Movie Magic Special Effects Show. The ride cost AU$1.69 million.
Riders are seated in one of two themed trains. The trains are themed to ACME fireworks with Wile E. Coyote on the front and the Road Runner on the back. Each train features 8 cars which seat 2 people each. Riders are restrained by lap bars. These trains cater for approximately 1000 riders per hour.
Riders join the queue from the Kids' WB Fun Zone. The queue weaves its way under the lift hill before looping around an area within the ride's footprint.
After exiting the station, the train turns right and is taken up a friction wheel lift hill to a height of 13mft. A small drop follows the lift hill that then leads into two downward helices. The train then dips diagonally under the lift hill before elevating and approaching the back end of the station and passing over top. The train then runs back parallel with the lift hill before entering two separate helices and entering the brake run. The train then returns to the station where riders dismount and exit back into the Kids' WB Fun Zone.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Template:Cite RCDB
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Template:Parkz
- ↑ Warner Bros. Movie World. Road Runner Rollercoaster. MyFun. Retrieved on 24 June 2012.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Wilson, Richard (4 November 2004). Road Runner Rollercoaster. Photo. Parkz. Retrieved on 24 June 2012.
- ↑ Template:Parkz
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Error on call to Template:cite journal: Parameters url and title must be specifiedEmmons, Natasha (18 September 2000). .
- ↑ Wright, Dean (11 March 2008). Loading Station. Photo. Parkz. Retrieved on 24 June 2012.
- ↑ Wilson, Richard (4 November 2004). Road Runner Rollercoaster. Photo. Parkz. Retrieved on 24 June 2012.
- ↑ Warner Bros. Movie World (2012). Park Map. MyFun. Retrieved on 24 June 2012.
- ↑ Makepeace, Ryan (1 September 2011). Movieworld Road Runner Rollercoaster. Video. YouTube. Retrieved on 24 June 2012.