Porky Pig's Haunted Holiday is a sidescrolling platform game released by Acclaim for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System in 1995. So far, it is the only Looney Tunes licensed game to star Porky Pig. The basic plot is that Porky Pig is having nightmares. Your job is to guide him through the nightmares, which consist of six worlds: a forest, a Western-themed ghost town, underwater, an abandoned mine, a snowy mountain/Wackyland, and a castle.
An interesting aspect of the game is that the weather changes every time you turn on the game, and often weather will vary during the game itself. From one level to the next, it may be raining, snowing, or clear, and may have summer, fall, or winter color schemes.
Another fact is that the game was originally developed by Sunsoft, complete with different background music and more hyperactive Porky sound bytes. However, the game was re-worked by Acclaim and sold that way. When the game is displayed on ROM sites, the Beta version is the Sunsoft version, while the regular version is Acclaim.
Looney Tunes Cartoon References
- The Leprechauns were from The Wearing of the Grin.
- Daffy's Count Duckula Attire was from The Prize Pest.
- The Hyde Tweety Boss was from Hyde and Go Tweet.
- The Boss, Hugo, was from The Abominable Snow Rabbit.
- Wackyland and its residents were both from Porky in Wackyland and Dough for the Do-Do.
- The Final Boss, the robot, was from Daffy Rents.
- The Moosehead Enemy was from Claws for Alarm.
- The Two-head bird in the first level of the game was inspired from Transylvania 6-5000.