|Of Thee I Sting|
The title is a pun on the Broadway musical Of Thee I Sing.
In Target for Tonight-style, a narrator briefs the audience on a mosquito attack upon a picnic.
- Material was reused from the Target Snafu cartoon.
- ^ p.78 Shull Michael S. & Wilt, David Doing Their Bit: Wartime American Animated Short Films, 1939-1945 2004 McFarland
- This is a post-war short, but it is done in the style of war-time newsreels. By this time, most Warner Brothers cartoons had reduced their references to the war to minor elements.
- The names of the planes in the attack are: Gravel Gertie (a Dick Tracy villain); Bugs Bunny; Sweet Sioux; Mrs Kalabash, a mysterious character often referred to by Jimmy Durante.
- This was the earliest Looney Tunes to be reissued and keep its ending music. On the Turner "dubbed version", the Merrie Melodies end theme plays instead (such errors plagued several of the other "dubbed versions" as well). However, in 2011, this was fixed on most dubbed version airings on Boomerang.