Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|← Naughty But Mice||Proto-Sylvester Cartoons||The Cagey Canary →|
|Notes to You|
When Porky tries to go to sleep, a cat starts singing on the fence in his backyard. Porky then starts throwing objects at the cat. Porky finally hits him with a vase after a few failed attempts. The cat starts singing When Irish Eyes Are Smiling at Porky after which he throws a book titled "Dr. Fu Manchu" at the cat. The cat returns the favor by throwing another book titled "The Return of Fu Manchu" back at Porky. As the cat finishes his song, Porky slams the window shut. As soon as Porky returns to bed, his phone rings and he answers it, only to find that it is the cat finishing the song.
Furious, Porky grabs a shotgun and claims "I'll get rid of that c-cat once and for all!" and lays a saucer of milk with the accompanying bottle on the porch. Porky then falls asleep as the cat drinks the milk and wakes Porky up. Porky then chases the cat with the shotgun. When the pig corners the cat, he sings Rock-a-Bye Baby, which lulls Porky to sleep. The cat then wakes Porky up by conducting the loud music playing on the radio (Frat). Porky then chases him out and then the cat sings another song and completely closes the window. The cat then pops into the house and sings Jeepers Creepers. Porky initially closes the door on him, but he opens the door on Porky. The cat finishes the song and returns to the fence, where he sings Make Love With a Guitar. Porky grabs his gun and shoots the cat, who manages to gasp out a chorus of Aloha 'Oe before dying. As Porky feels guilt over the cat's death, he is startled to hear the cat's nine lives outside his window singing the Sextet from the opera Lucia di Lammermoor.
As the cartoon ends, a crash is heard (presumably, Porky, at his wits' end, jumped out of the window).
- The gag where Porky threw a book threw a book out the window only to have a return version of that same book come in and hit Porky was used three years later in Tick Tock Tuckered, the remake of Porky's Badtime Story.
- Public domain due to WB, failing to renew copyright in time.
- When this cartoon aired on the FOX version of The Merrie Melodies Show, the following cuts were made:
- The part where Porky holds the singing cat at gunpoint and the cat sings a lullaby to distract him.
- The end where Porky shoots the cat, and the cat's nine lives sing Sextet from the opera "Lucia."