|My Little Buckaroo|
It's 1872 in Boiled Beef, Texas, and a thief is robbing the town of their possessions. After he steals their possessions, he runs to the county line so he can be safe from the townsmen who chase him. He repeats this process multiple times, but one day, a sheriff pig sees his antics and decides to catch him. The thief succeeds stealing items again the next morning, but little did he know the pig was on his tail.
As the pig is following him, he tries to shoot the thief with a gun, resulting in the thief shooting back. Every time the thief shot back, the pig got a new hat, eventually returning back to the old one. The thief then looks at the road ending ahead and takes an escalator to escape. The pig follows him and eventually both of them are riding their horses down many sloped hills. They then ride down a large slope.
The pig's horse wants to slide down the slope again, begging his master. His master obliges, but this allows the thief to get away. Though the pig was still on the cliff, as a final attempt to catch the thief, the pig uses his long rope to reel in the thief. Luckily, he succeeds.
The cartoon fades back in to the pig's office where he is relaxing. The screen pans to the left where the audience can see thief's head stuck onto a wood carving, with the rest of him behind. He tries to get out of it, but he can't, as the cartoon fades out.
- LaserDisc - The Golden Age of Looney Tunes, Volume 5, Side 3
- The narrator is voiced by Tedd Pierce, while the pig and thief were voiced by Mel Blanc.
- This is one of the few Merrie Melodies cartoons released before 1940 not to have an iris-out at the end, instead having a fade-out.
- This is the oldest Blue Ribbon to survive to this day, as "A Feud There Was" was replaced with another reissue. In fact, the WB shield on the Blue Ribbon reissue is the same one as those from the 1942-43 color cartoons.
- The USA and EU dubbed prints have subtle differences.
- The USA dubbed print has the 1938-41 rendition of "Merrily We Roll Along" while the European dubbed print keeps the original ending music.
- The USA dubbed print has red borders while the European dubbed print has none.