Last revision on: 5/18/17
These Terms demonstrate what is considered vandalism or spam.
While many editors are good contributors to the wiki, there are some that aren't. These so called "not so good" contributors can do something known as vandalism or spam. Spam is technically a form of vandalism, if meant to damage a reputation of an article. While many of these editors get blocked for a period of time, there are ways to help, by reporting these users.
NOTE: USERS WHO VANDALIZE OUR WIKI CAN BE BLOCKED/ANVILLED WITHOUT WARNING.
What we consider spam/vandalism
On our wiki, we consider these following vandalism:
Blocked without warning
- Blanking the page.
- Adding gibberish in a paragraph.
- Spamming the same thing on multiple articles.
- Uploading pictures or adding content irrelevant to the subject.
Possibly a warning
- Adding grammatically incorrect punctuation to a sentence.
- Adding protagonist or antagonist to a character's role.
- Adding biased or opionated descriptions of characters.
- Spamming messages in caps (calm down, son) or spamming the same message, other than happy birthday, on message walls.
- Spam offense also follows if you aren't here to contribute to encyclopedia. Users who come here solely for the purpose of social users will develop a bad reputation from our community and they may not be as nice to you when it comes to consequences. It is okay to come to a wiki to ask questions about another wiki and get advice, but a user who says "Hi, where do you live?", or "Wanna hang out sometime?" is generally not here to contribute to the encyclopedia.
Vandals will usually be blocked/anvil dropped for a period of time. The first offense is between 1 day to 2 weeks and the second offense is between 2 weeks to a month. The third offense will result in the closure of your account access to the wiki. When your account is closed, you agree not to:
- Use the site for 3 months
- Encourage others to do edits for you within those 3 months
- Attempt to create multiple accounts to hide your personality within those 3 months
You can submit a block appeal after 3 months. Violation of these terms can lead to a longer extended closure of your account.
Want to avoid being blocked? Simply, DON'T DO IT!
What you can do to help
If you see a vandal:
Step 1: Undo their edit. If it cannot be undone, contact an Acme Head or Rollback, so they can one-click the vandalism.
Step 2: Once undone, either report the problem to an Acme head or wait for them to notice. Most Acme Heads patrol the wiki activity and check the article's history, so sometimes, there will be no need to report a problem.
Step 3: Usually the head will thank the user who reported the vandal and give them a warning or block them immediately after noticing, depending on the head's mood or how severe the situation is.
Remember, vandals make no one happy! And many thanks to those who take a step to make the wiki a better and safer place for everyone!
| TERMS OF SERVICE • Chat Policy • Acme Heads • Wizards • Rollbacks • Affiliated Wikis • To Do-List • Dictionary • User Nicknames • Spam/Vandal Policy • Citations • Language Policy • Looney Tunes Wiki:What are we? and What are we not? • Looney Tunes Wiki:History • Primary/secondary sources