Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The four discs in this collection are devoted to themes and subjects the cartoons in each disc have in common. The first disc consists entirely of cartoons starring the two top stars of Warner cartoons, Bugs Bunny and/or Daffy Duck. The second disc consists entirely of cartoons which lampoon fairy tales. The third disc consists entirely of cartoons either directed or co-directed by Bob Clampett. The fourth disc titled "Early Daze" features rarely seen cartoons from the 1930s and early 1940s which were made in black-and-white.
Continuing a pattern which began with Looney Tunes Golden Collection: Volume 3, the DVD set has a warning in the beginning of each disc that states that some of the cartoons contain ethnic and racial stereotypes that may be offensive to modern audiences; however, like the fourth volume, the warning is shown on a title card rather than done as a special introduction.
This volume did not sell as well as the previous volumes did, mainly due to the slump of the country's economy at this point, and partly due to stiff competition from DVD releases of Ratatouille and Spider-Man 3, as well as from not including a wider variety of Looney Tunes characters that the public would want. As a result, it was decided that both this and Volume 6 release outside of North America would be delayed/not occur.. Eventually, however the fifth volume was released on April 18, 2011 in Region 2 UK.
Disc 1: Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck
In previous installments of the Looney Tunes Golden Collection, disc 1 contained Bugs Bunny-centric cartoons. Disc 1 in this volume, however, contains cartoons featuring Daffy Duck as well.
Cartoons 3, 6, 13 and 14 are in the a.a.p. package. The rest are post-1948.
- 14 Carrot Rabbit
- Ali Baba Bunny
- Buccaneer Bunny
- Bugs' Bonnets
- A Star is Bored
- A Pest in the House
- Transylvania 6-5000
- Oily Hare
- Stupor Duck
- The Stupor Salesman
- The Abominable Snow Rabbit
- The Super Snooper
- The Up-Standing Sitter
- Hollywood Daffy
- You Were Never Duckier Original opening and credits restored.
- Music-only audio track on Ali Baba Bunny
- Music-only audio track on Stupor Duck
- Music-and-effects-only audio track on The Abominable Snow Rabbit
- Music-and-effects-only audio track on The Super Snooper
- Greg Ford on Ali Baba Bunny
- Paul Dini on A Pest in the House
- Jerry Beck on Transylvania 6-5000
- Eric Goldberg on You Were Never Duckier
From the Vaults
- Chuck Jones: Extremes and In-Betweens documentary - (2000), (Part 1)
- The Bugs Bunny Show
Disc 2: Fun-Filled Fairy Tales
Cartoons 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 and 14 are in the a.a.p. package. The rest are post-1948.
- Bewitched Bunny
- Paying the Piper
- The Bear's Tale Original opening and credits restored.
- Foney Fables Public domain
- Goldimouse and the Three Cats
- Holiday for Shoestrings Original opening and credits restored.
- Little Red Rodent Hood
- Little Red Walking Hood Original opening, ending, and credits restored.
- Red Riding Hoodwinked
- The Trial of Mr. Wolf Original opening, closing, and credits restored.
- The Turn-Tale Wolf
- Tom Thumb in Trouble
- Tweety and the Beanstalk
- A Gander at Mother Goose
- Señorella and the Glass Huarache
- Music-only audio track on Goldimouse and the Three Cats
- Music-only audio track on Red Riding Hoodwinked
- Music-only audio track on Tweety and the Beanstalk
- Music-and-effects-only audio track on Bewitched Bunny
- Music-and-effects-only audio track on The Turn-Tale Wolf
- Eric Goldberg on Bewitched Bunny
- Daniel Goldmark on Holiday for Shoestrings
- Mark Kausler on Little Red Walking Hood
- Greg Ford on Red Riding Hoodwinked
- Jerry Beck on Tom Thumb in Trouble
From the Vaults
- Chuck Jones: Extremes and In-Betweens documentary - (2000), (Part 2)
- 2002 Featurette: A Chuck Jones Tutorial: Tricks of the Cartoon Trade
Behind the Tunes
- "Once upon a Looney Tune"
- "Drawn to Life: The Art of Robert McKimson".
Disc 3: Putting a Bob Clampett on It
All cartoons on this disc are directed by Bob Clampett.
Cartoons 1-5, 8-12, and 14 are in the a.a.p. package. The rest are in the Sunset Productions package. There are no post-1948 cartoons on this disc as Clampett was fired in 1946.
- Bacall to Arms
- Buckaroo Bugs
- Crazy Cruise
- Farm Frolics Public domain
- Hare Ribbin'
- Patient Porky
- Prehistoric Porky
- The Bashful Buzzard
- The Old Grey Hare
- The Wacky Wabbit Pubic domain
- The Wise Quacking Duck
- Wagon Heels
- The Daffy Doc
- A Tale of Two Kitties Public domain
- Porky's Pooch
- Jerry Beck on Bacall to Arms
- Michael Barrier on Buckaroo Bugs
- Eddie Fitzgerald, John Kricfalusi, and Kali Fontecchio on Buckaroo Bugs
- Keith Scott on Farm Frolics
- Paul Dini on The Bashful Buzzard
- Greg Ford on The Old Grey Hare
- Eric Goldberg on The Wacky Wabbit
- Mark Kausler on The Daffy Doc
- Michael Barrier on A Tale of Two Kitties
Behind the Tunes
- "Wacky Warner One-Shots"
- "Real American Zero: The Adventures of Private Snafu".
From the Vaults
- The director's cut of Hare Ribbin'.
- The Bashful Buzzard original storyboards.
- The Bashful Buzzard original opening music cue.
- Milt Franklyn opening themes with intro by Greg Ford.
- Private Snafu Cartoons: Coming!! Snafu and Gripes (both 1943).
- Seaman Hook Cartoons: The Good Egg, The Return of Mr. Hook and Tokyo Woes (all 1945).
Disc 4: "The Early Daze"
Every cartoon on this disc is in black-and-white.
Every cartoon on this disc is in the Sunset package. No post-1948.
- Alpine Antics Public domain
- Eatin' on the Cuff or, The Moth Who Came to Dinner Public domain
- Milk and Money
- I've Got to Sing a Torch Song
- Porky at the Crocadero
- Polar Pals
- Scrap Happy Daffy Public domain
- Porky's Double Trouble
- Gold Diggers of '49
- Pilgrim Porky
- Wise Quacks
- Porky's Preview
- Porky's Poppa
- Wholly Smoke
- What Price Porky
- Jerry Beck on Eatin' on the Cuff or, The Moth Who Came to Dinner
- Daniel Goldmark on Porky at the Crocadero
- Greg Ford on Porky's Preview
- Daniel Goldmark on Wholly Smoke
From the Vaults
- Unsung Heroes: A Director's Tribute—A salute to most of the lesser known animation directors who had short tenures at the Schlesinger/Warner cartoon studio. Directors profiled include Hugh Harman, Rudolf Ising, Jack King, Ub Iwerks, Ben Hardaway, Norman McCabe and Arthur Davis.
- Television Specials
- ↑ Release and content information: The Bugs Bunny/Looney Tunes comedy Hour - Complete Disc-by-Disc Details of The Looney Tunes Golden Collection Vol. 5. TVShowsOnDVD.com. Retrieved on 2009-02-05.