|I Only Have Ice for You|
The protagonist (voiced by Joe Twerp), who drives an ice-delivery truck, is wooed by a homely spinster bird (voiced by Elvia Allman) who hopes to entice him with her culinary talents. The iceman, on the other hand, is only interested in Katie Canary (voiced by Elvia Allman), who only wants to marry a radio crooner and rebuffs his overtures to the point where she prefers ordering a refrigerator.
The iceman, in order to win Katie, hires a voice imitator, Professor Mockingbird, to simulate crooners from the back of his ice truck while the iceman lip-syncs. The scheme eventually backfires when Professor Mockingbird turns blue from the extreme cold in the ice truck. Katie marries the Professor, being sufficiently impressed by his crooning ability, while the iceman is finally won over by the spinster's cooking and baking and presumably marries her.
Status of original titles
- The original credits were cut due to the March 17, 1945 reissue. In addition, the original BR ending is out of circulation, except CN Latin America, which airs as an AAP print, due to the LaserDisc release of the USA "dubbed version", which also airs on Boomerang in the United States.
- These "dubbed versions" continue their airings on TV in the US and EU countries. The EU dubbed version has the altered dubbed ending card, for reasons unknown. The USA dubbed version, shown on Boomerang, and the DVD Dames, retains the 1948 dubbed ending.
- The AAP print shown on Cartoon Network Latin America/Tooncast has a glitch at the ending music, but both dubbed versions do not have this glitch.
- Through eBay auctions in 2007, the original titles have been found for the cartoon, but it is unknown if they have been acquired for future video releases.
- It was re-released with the Blue Ribbon 1945 opening and closing rings on 3/17/45.
- It is one of three cartoons in the Blue Ribbon reissue to have a big WB shield before WARNER BROS. PICTURES INC. These three were the first to be reissued during Eddie Selzer's career. The others were When I Yoo Hoo (2/24/45) and Ain't We Got Fun (4/21/45). They are all one shots as well and their original titles are lost. The Fella with the Fiddle was the final cartoon to be reissued bearing Leon Schlesinger's name. It was reissued in January 1945 though.
- This short was produced before Mel Blanc joined WB. However, it was released after. This was also the last short to feature voices without Mel Blanc.
- It turns out that the original titles say "I Only Have Ice for You".
- ↑ http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4pkhf6_merrie-melodies-i-only-have-eyes-for-you_shortfilms
- ↑ http://minhateca.com.br/WaltWalk/Galeria/LOONEY%2BTUNES%2BHORA%2BACME%2BCARTOON(1)/445%2B-%2BV*c3*81RIOS%2B-%2BO%2BGELEIRO%2BQUE%2BENTROU%2BEM%2BFRIA%2B-%2BEP.%2B445,210020828.avi(video)&usg=ALkJrhhwzqHeZBNYZ3aqvLPWi_-Eiiuu-A
- ↑ https://books.google.com/books?id=diKnDBs0wrIC&pg=PA49&lpg=PA49&dq=i+only+have+eyes+for+you+cartoon&source=bl&ots=9iwrQ1MIbA&sig=qSM6rpEWR8__T_upSY7YnjOr6sE&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiQkpDN69bRAhVi0FQKHSSZB8o4ChDoAQglMAI#v=onepage&q=i%20only%20have%20eyes%20for%20you%20cartoon&f=false