|I Haven't Got a Hat|
I Haven't Got a Hat is a 1935 two-strip Technicolor animated cartoon produced by Leon Schlesinger Productions.
There is a school recital on, and many children participate, including Beans, Ham and Ex, and Porky Pig.
- DVD - Looney Tunes Golden Collection: Volume 3, Disc Three
- This is the debut appearance of Porky Pig, Beans, Little Kitty and Oliver.
- Struggling against other animation studios, WB were desperate to find a character as successful, as other studio's mascots (such as Mickey Mouse, Popeye, Bosko and Buddy not being as popular), and so Friz designed several potential characters.
- Porky was named after a childhood friend of Friz Freleng.
- Many of the characters used in this cartoon were given their own short, in order to see if they were a good recurring character, but WB particularly focused on Beans, to no avail. Tex Avery decided to focus on Porky Pig, and Porky became their first big star.
- In this short, Beans and Oliver didn't talk in their first appearances.
- This is the 100th WB short ever made.