|I Haven't Got a Hat|
There is a school recital on, and many children participate, including Beans, Ham and Ex, and Porky Pig.
- This is the debut appearance of Porky Pig, Beans, Little Kitty and Oliver.
- Struggling against other animation studios, WB were desperate to find a character as successful, as other studio's mascots (such as Mickey Mouse, Popeye, Bosko and Buddy not being as popular), and so Friz designed several potential characters.
- Porky was named after a childhood friend of Friz Freleng.
- Many of the characters used in this cartoon were given their own short, in order to see if they were a good recurring character, but WB particularly focused on Beans, to no avail. Due to Porky's popularity, Tex Avery (and Bob Clampett, two years later) decided to focus on Porky Pig, and Porky became the first true Warner Bros. cartoon star.
- Beans and Oliver don't speak in their first appearances.
- This is the 100th WB cartoon short ever made.