Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Hollywood Canine Canteen|
The canine pets of Hollywood stars meet and decide they need their own nightclub. The cartoon tours the nightclub and presents a series of vignettes featuring dog-styled caricatures of Hollywood celebrities.
There are many dog-styled caricatures of Hollywood personalities in this cartoon.
- Chairing the meeting is E.G.Robinson.
- Speaking at the meeting is Jimmy Durante.
- Seated at the meeting are: an unknown man or woman, with glasses and a crown; an unknown, elderly man with white beard); ventriloquist Edgar Bergen and doll Charlie McCarthy; Stan Laurel; Oliver Hardy
- Welcoming the sailor and the soldier to the Canteen: Bing Crosby, also seen later; an unknown soldier and sailor);
- On stage: Bob Hope and the mustachioed Jerry Colonna; Carmen Miranda, dancing with her signature fruit headdress; Babbit and Catstello (caricatures of Abbott and Costello, from other cartoons such as The Mouse-Merized Cat, only here, they are dogs);
- At the snack bar: Penny Singleton (as Blondie Bumstead); Arthur Lake (as Dagwood, here called "Dogwood");
- Laurel and Hardy again, washing dishes;
- In the lounge with the wall portraits: an unknown woman in red dress with red bow in hair; an unknown long-haired man stumbling;
- At the phone desk: an unknown soldier, wants to place call; an unknown woman seated at desk with New Jersey accent;
- The conductor is Leopold Stokowski, parodied in other WB cartoons such as Rhapsody Rabbit. The musicians are likely anonymous, except for the tuba player, Joe Besser (later in the Three Stooges);
- Bing Crosby crooning while stuffing a pipe; Dorothy Lamour; Frank Sinatra;
- Bandleader Kay Kyser (as Kaynine Kyser); poet and cornet player Merwyn Bogue (aka Ish Kabibble) as "Ish Kyoodle";
- dancing soldier and woman (unknown);
- woman in blue dress (unknown) consoling weeping soldier;
- dancing woman who wants to "cut a rug" (possibly Katherine Hepburn);
- trumpeter Harry James (as "Hairy James"); trombonist Tommy Dorsey as "Tommy Dorgy"; xylophonist Lionel Hampton as "Lionel Hambone and his Bonophone"; clarinetist Benny Goodman as "Boney Goodman"; Jimmy Durante again, playing the piano as "Schnauser Durante" (a play on Durante's nickname, "The Schnoz")
The opening music for the title card is very identical to the title in Hare Tonic