Stamped on January 2017. This article needs additional sources for verification. Please add RELIABLE citations to help verify the article's content. Do not use Wikipedia or other wikis as a source.
|Hiawatha's Rabbit Hunt|
Bugs is reading The Song of Hiawatha out loud to himself, and the saga turns real as a pint-sized, Elmer Fudd-like Hiawatha (minus the speech impediment) turns up, paddling his canoe. Hiawatha is looking for a rabbit for his dinner. In a key sequence (replayed in a later cartoon - see below), Hiawatha tricks Bugs into thinking he is preparing a hot bath for him. It is actually a cooking pot, which Bugs quickly vacates once Hiawatha casually mentions that he is having rabbit stew for supper. As with Elmer, Bugs spends the rest of the cartoon tormenting his would-be devourer, who finally breaks his arrows in anger and disgust, and paddles his canoe away while Bugsy finishes his reading of the poyem. However, in the closing gag, the miffed-looking Hiawatha suddenly returns to the foreground where Bugs is reading the narrative, and after a second of wordless staring at each other, Hiawatha gives Bugs the "insulting kiss" that the bunny usually bestows on others. Hiawatha then paddles away again, as Bugs "spits out" the kiss as the cartoon ends.
- Due to its stereotypical portrayal of Native Americans, this episode was pulled from Cartoon Network's 2001 June Bugs marathon by its then current owner, AOL Time Warner.
- In 1995, the original opening and credits were restored for the dubbed version. This version is still shown on Boomerang. The original closing was restored with the original titles when the cartoon was released on DVD on February 12, 2008 on Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Academy Awards Animation Collection. This version was double-dipped in the Looney Tunes Platinum Collection: Volume 3 release for DVD and Blu-ray.
- This Blue Ribbon print from the Laserdisc shown here has original closing, not that video is dubbed in Russian:
- VHS - Bugs Bunny Cartoon Festival, Little Red Riding Rabbit (Blue Borders, Blue Ribbon, original closing)
- Laserdisc - The Golden Age of Looney Tunes (Blue Borders, Blue Ribbon, original closing)
- DVD - Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Academy Awards Animation Collection (Original titles, restored closing)
- Blu-ray, DVD - Looney Tunes Platinum Collection: Volume 3 (Original titles, restored closing)
Hiawatha's Rabbit Hunt at SuperCartoons.net
Tortoise Beats Hare
|Bugs Bunny Cartoons|
| Succeeded by|
The Heckling Hare