|Daffy Duck's Fantastic Island|
|Directed by|| Friz Freleng|
|Voices by|| Mel Blanc |
|Music by|| Robert J. Walsh|
Carl Stalling (classic cartoons)
Milt Franklyn (classic cartoons)
Eugene Poddany (classic cartoons)
William Lava (classic cartoons)
|Produced by|| Friz Freleng|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros.|
|Release date||August 5, 1983|
|Format||, 78 min|
|Preceded by||Bugs Bunny's 3rd Movie: 1001 Rabbit Tales|
|Followed by||Daffy Duck's Quackbusters|
Daffy Duck's Fantastic Island (also known as Daffy Duck's Movie: Fantastic Island) is a 1983 Looney Tunes film with a compilation of classic Warner Bros. cartoon shorts and animated bridging sequences, hosted by Daffy Duck and Speedy Gonzales. This was the first Looney Tunes compilation film to center on Daffy Duck, as the previous ones had centered on Bugs Bunny.
A note in the end credits dedicates the film to animator and story man, John Dunn, "who inspired it." Dunn died of heart failure in San Fernando, California on January 17, 1983, six months before the film's release. This film was released on DVD in North America for the first time on November 18, 2014.
Classic toons in order
All are in the post-1948 package
- Captain Hareblower (Pirate Sam Vs. Bugs Bunny)
- Stupor Duck (Daffy's wish)
- Greedy For Tweety (Granny's wish)
- Banty Raids (Foghorn's wish)
- Louvre, Come Back to Me! (Pepe Le Pew's wish) (The Well: "I grant your wish to meet a girl of beauty unsurpassed, which, when compared with works of art, will leave the louvre outclassed.")
- Tree for Two (Spike and Chester's wish)
- Curtain Razor (Porky Pig's wish) (The Well: "Discovering new talent for the world to see; a wondrous thing for a producer to be.")
- A Mouse Divided (Sylvester's wife's wish)
- From Hare to Heir (Yosemite Sam's wish)
- The original mid-80s VHS had its original soundtrack without any alterations. But current TV broadcasts use an overdubbed audio version where the cartoon's soundtracks keeps echoing. As well as loud music in some scenes and cartoons (most notably on Stupor Duck and Curtain Razor) making it hard to hear what the characters are saying. And the reason for this was because so the film can be use for foreign language tracks for international distribution. However the DVD uses the original English soundtrack instead, but the overdubbed version can still be heard on its Spanish audio track.
- When this film aired on The Family Channel in the 1990s, the entire "Stupor Duck" sequence was cut.
- While Daffy was introducing his guests to Fantastic Island, Tweety appeared to be much bigger to the point of sharing a similar height with Rocky (minus the hat).
- Wishing Well: Your fondest wish, your fondest dream. I'll make you Super Duck Supreme!
- Wishing Well: Your wish shall be granted. Gaze into me and see. The next time that you see yourself, a nurse is what you'll be.
- Wishing Well: I am here to grant your wish; the Spirit of the Well. I will knock the cockiness out of that little cockerel!
- Wishing Well: I grant your wish to meet a girl of beauty unsurpassed, which, when compared with works of art, will leave the Louvre outclassed.
- Wishing Well: If that's his wish, and yours alike, I'll make Chester brave and strong, like Spike.
- Wishing Well: Discovering new talent for the world to see; a wondrous thing for a producer to be...
- Wishing Well: I hear your wish and I obey. The patter of little feet you shall hear this day.
- Wishing Well: Your mind is such a simple thing. Your wish I can foretell. You're wishing for a husband, and the ring of a wedding bell?
- Wishing Well: A very rich relative in poor health doth will to you his entire wealth.
- Wishing Well: There are some wishes in the well in truth; they're number three. Use these three wishes wisely, friends. For they are the last; there will be.
- Wishing Well: And now I say; without the jokes, (imitating Porky Pig) A-bee-a-bee-a-bee... That's all, folks!
|The Looney Tunes films|
|Adventures of the Road-Runner|
|Bugs Bunny: Superstar | Chuck Amuck: The Movie|
|Greatest Hits retrospectives|
|Centering on Bugs Bunny|
|The Bugs Bunny Road-Runner Movie | The Looney Looney Looney Bugs Bunny Movie | Bugs Bunny's 3rd Movie: 1001 Rabbit Tales | The Looney Tunes Hall of Fame|
|Centering on Daffy Duck|
|Daffy Duck's Fantastic Island | Daffy Duck's Quackbusters|
|Original cinematic material|
|Space Jam | Looney Tunes: Back in Action | Speedy Gonzales (film) | Pepe Le Pew (film) | Marvin the Martian (film) | Bugs Bunny (film) | Space Jam 2|
|Tweety's High Flying Adventure | Bah, Humduck! A Looney Tunes Christmas | Looney Tunes: Rabbits Run|
|Two Guys from Texas | My Dream Is Yours | It's a Great Feeling | Who Framed Roger Rabbit? | Gremlins 2: The New Batch | Justice League: The New Frontier|