Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
CBS (corporate name CBS Broadcasting, Inc.) is an American commercial broadcast television network, which started as a radio network; it continues to operate a radio network and a portfolio of television and radio stations in large and mid-sized markets. The name is derived from the initials of the network's former name, Columbia Broadcasting System. It is the second largest broadcaster in the world behind the BBC. The network is sometimes referred to as the "Eye Network", in reference to the shape of the company's logo. It has also been called the "Tiffany Network", which alludes to the perceived high quality of CBS programming during the tenure of its founder William S. Paley.
It can also refer to some of CBS's first demonstrations of color television, which were held in a former Tiffany & Co. building in New York City in 1950.
CBS has had a long history with the Looney Tunes, starting with The Road Runner Show in 1966, and ending with the TV Special, Bugs Bunny's Creature Features, on February 1st, 1992. The last Looney Tunes TV Show to air on CBS was The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Show, which ended in 1985 due to ABC regaining the Looney Tunes package of cartoons.
Looney Tunes Programs Aired
- The Road Runner Show (Seasons 1-2; 1966 - 1968)
- The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Hour (1968 - 1971; 1975 - 1977)
- The Bugs Bunny Show (Season 3; 1971 - 1973)
- The Sylvester and Tweety Show (1976 - 1977)
- The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Show (1977 - 1985)
- The Sylvester and Tweety, Daffy and Speedy Show (1981 - 1982)
- Bugs and Daffy's Carnival of the Animals (November 22nd, 1976)
- Bugs Bunny's Easter Funnies (April 7th, 1977)
- Bugs Bunny in Space (September 6th, 1977)
- Bugs Bunny in King Arthur's Court (February 23rd, 1978)
- Bugs Bunny's Howl-o-ween Special (October 26th, 1978)
- How Bugs Bunny Won The West (November 15th, 1978)
- Bugs Bunny's Cupid Capers (February 14th, 1979)
- The Bugs Bunny Mother's Day Special (May 12th, 1979)
- Bugs Bunny's Thanksgiving Diet (November 15th, 1979)
- Bugs Bunny's Looney Christmas Tales (November 27th, 1979)
- Bugs Bunny's Bustin' Out All Over (May 21st, 1980)
- The Bugs Bunny Mystery Special (October 15th, 1980)
- Bugs Bunny: All American Hero (May 4th, 1981)
- Bugs Bunny's Mad World of Television (January 11th, 1982)
- Bugs Bunny/Looney Tunes 50th Anniversary Special (January 14th, 1986)
- Bugs vs. Daffy: Battle of the Music Video Stars (October 21st, 1988)
- Bugs Bunny's Wild World of Sports (February 15th, 1989)
- Happy Birthday Bugs: 50 Looney Years (May 9th, 1990)
- Tiny Toon Adventures: The Looney Beginning (September 14th, 1990)
- Bugs Bunny's Overtures to Disaster (April 17th, 1991)
- Bugs Bunny's Creature Features (February 1st, 1992)