Ballpoint Puns is the 7th episode of season 2 of The Bugs Bunny Show, originally aired on November 21, 1961.
Red and black dancing pens, named Penelope and Penbroke, perform like figure skaters on the stage floor and write the titles of the cartoons selected for this episode.
- Produced, Written & Directed by: Chuck Jones, Friz Freleng
- Co-directors: Maurice Noble, Tom Ray
- Animators: Richard Thompson, Bob Bransford, Ken Harris
- Backgrounds: Philip DeGuard
- Stories: Michael Maltese, Warren Foster, Tom Ray
- Additional Artwork by Members of the M.P.S.C., Local 839
- Music: Milt Franklyn, Carl Stalling
- Theme: "This Is It" written by: Jerry Livingston, Mack David
- Film Editor: Treg Brown
- Voice Characterizations: Mel Blanc
- The bridging sequences are available on Disc 1 of Looney Tunes Golden Collection: Volume 4 and the audio recording sessions with Mel Blanc are available on Disc 1 of Looney Tunes Golden Collection: Volume 3
- Production Number: 1629
Bugs and the Dancing Pens
BUGS (shown in shadow): "Oh, Penbroke, Penelope. On stage, please. (two pens come onto stage and dance like figure skaters horizontally from left to right on stage floor with theatrical spotlight on them and following their left-to-right movement; both pens leave an ink line trail behind them as they move) Mmm. You two are really making your mark on show business. (pens write 'What's up, Doc?' on stage floor, with those words under theatrical spotlight) Um, snappy penmanship, but, uh, aren't you lifting somebody's line? (pens pull the words off of stage floor) You know what's on the programme. Give it to us the way you did at rehearsal. (words form a rope, and pens turn rope into a lasso which they spin) They really are an imprompt-two. Ahem. Penelope. Penbroke. Penbroke!!! (pens fall to floor) This is not the Pen-Dalton Round-Up. Now, stick to the script and introduce the first feature."