- The Looney Tunes start using "The Merry-Go-Round Broke Down" as their theme music.
- Porky's famous "in a drum" closing was first used. The Porky drum design was changed 2 years from now.
- The Porky Signature theme was abandoned after Porky's Garden.
- The Porky Signature theme is used on the closing for only 4 cartoons similar to how the Merrie Melodies started using an instrumental version of Merrily We Roll Along on the closing titles starting with Plenty of Money and You.
- First cartoon by Bob Clampett.
- First appearence of Gabby Goat.
- All cartoons by Ub Iwerks were made this year.
- First color cartoon by Frank Tashlin.
- First appearence of Daffy Duck.
- Both cartoons, Uncle Tom's Bungalow and Clean Pastures were released right after each other, and are notable for being in the Censored Eleven.
- The Color Rings change from blue from 1936-37 to yellow rings starting with Little Red Walking Hood.
- He Was Her Man (Freleng/Jan 2)
- Porky the Wrestler (Avery/Jan 9)
- Pigs Is Pigs (Freleng/Jan 30/3:3)
- Porky's Road Race (Tashlin/Feb 6/3:2)
- Picador Porky (Avery/Feb 27) Mel Blanc’s first LT.
- I Only Have Ice for You (Avery/Mar 6)
- The Fella with the Fiddle (Freleng/Mar 27)
- Porky's Romance (Tashlin/Apr 3/3:3)
- She Was an Acrobat's Daughter (Freleng/Apr 10/3:2)
- Porky's Duck Hunt (Avery/Apr 17)
- Ain't We Got Fun (Avery/Apr 17)
- Porky and Gabby (Iwerks/May 15)
- Clean Pastures (Freleng/May 22) ††
- Uncle Tom's Bungalow (Avery/Jun 5) ††
- Porky's Building (Tashlin/Jun 19)
- Streamlined Greta Green (Freleng/Jun 19)
- Sweet Sioux (Freleng/Jun 26)
- Porky's Super Service (Iwerks/Jul 3)
- Egghead Rides Again (Avery/Jul 17)
- Porky's Badtime Story (Clampett/Jul 24)
- Plenty of Money and You (Freleng/Jul 31)
- Porky's Railroad (Tashlin/Aug 7/4:2)
- A Sunbonnet Blue (Avery/Aug 21)
- Get Rich Quick Porky (Clampett/LT Aug 28)
- Speaking of the Weather (Tashlin/Sep 4/3:2)
- Porky's Garden (Avery/Sep 11)
- Dog Daze (Freleng/Sep 18)
- I Wanna Be a Sailor (Avery/Sep 25)
- Rover's Rival (Clampett/Oct 9)
- The Lyin' Mouse (Freleng/Oct 16)
- The Case of the Stuttering Pig (Tashlin/Oct 30/4:2)
- Little Red Walking Hood (Avery/Nov 6/5:2)
- Porky's Double Trouble (Tashlin/Nov 13/5:4)
- The Woods Are Full of Cuckoos (Tashlin/Dec 4/3:2)
- Porky's Hero Agency (Clampett/Dec 4)
- September in the Rain (Freleng/Dec 18)
- February 27 - Drunken Bull in Picador Porky
- April 3 - Petunia Pig in Porky's Romance
- April 17 - Daffy Duck in Porky's Duck Hunt
- May 15 - Gabby Goat in Porky and Gabby
- July 17 - Egghead in Egghead Rides Again
- November 6 - Granny in Little Red Walking Hood
- July 20 - The animator Elmer Wait